Freeplane NEW FEATURES LIST +++ PLEASE

Freeplane NEW FEATURES LIST +++ PLEASE

Postby philouz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi,

Freeplane lover is talking to friendly developer :ugeek: ...
I think Freeplane is the best, but it need more.... I hope you will be able to make it real... It will be paradise...
If my message is at the wrong place, please copy it where it have to be...
Thanks in anticipation for all...

Well in short, a few features that would be really extra Mindmapping

Freeplane improvement (from easy to make to difficult):

:arrow: (1) the color of the background image, and the background of the nodes, would be very kind with:
(a) a gradient color (with start and end gradient position choice, direction ... + gradient style (linear or circle)
(circle gradient is very cool for background that can be fix when you move the map upside, here a user parametric grid option for background would be great for align and so on...with magnetics option)
(b) a repeated small canvas or something like that
(c) a picture, photo...

:arrow: (2) the drop shadow for all the nodes with direction / orientation and color + distance / level adjustment mustn't be difficult to add?

:arrow: (3) a small express drawing module, to make easy sketch / drawing for students for example, with line (straight / curve) , circle (oval), square / rectangle, small text... with vectoriel save file option (for futur change) AND standart Jpeg image export... to reimport directly in Freeplane... (and zoom compand/expand option)

:arrow: (4) Sequential flow charts (organigram / logical gram) nodes would be cool...

:arrow: (5) several father nodes would be sometimes interesting...

:arrow: (6) A small multi files player (picture, audio, video) for the node with automatic expand mode zoom, (ex: small picture --> zoom expand when mouse over... small video in small frame --> play small, or play with expand to big frame or full screen?? Audio play for sound files + Audio RECORD option for post it sound files on the fly...)

:arrow: (7) Automatic files management, for all imported files (pictures, sound, video) , all copies automatically put in a specific document (so at least 3 documents picture/audio/video) standing just the original .mm file...

:arrow: (8) Slide Mode , to move within the entire map with zoom level option... like a power point file in automatic slide mode, or less difficult to program, from Node A (click) to node B (click) (on a small corner miniature map) with a full screen zoom for 1st class presentation...
here, the speed translation might be parametric for personal transition...

:arrow: (9) A 3D Mode... with map rotation (and shadows) or 3d simple background...

:arrow: (10) A automatic file format export, for auto executable & package mode in Java Language? (freeplane not instal reading capabilities).. with the entire files document next to the project?

:arrow: (11) A Android / Ipad Freeplane light version??

:arrow: (12) A few list of option in the Java export (like number of explode level) (like in Flash) would be great (very easy to make?)

That's it developper, I hope , and all Freeplane user hope too, that you can do all this marvelous program extra features very soon...
Waiting for more ideas and questions...
Sending from France, I hope my English was not too bad ...

1000 thanks for all you can do...

Greets
8-) Philouz
philouz

Re: Freeplane NEW FEATURES LIST +++ PLEASE

Postby i2000s » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:59 pm

I think (5) is a cool feature.

Regarding the "slide mode", I remember there is another software can do that kind of job. The software is called "z*"--I cannot remember the exact name for now. Anyone knows it? If we can realize the slide mode, that would be great!
i2000s

Postby magp » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:17 pm

i2000s, for the "Slide mode" you may be refering to the webapp Prezi (http://www.prezi.com) that has a similar feature.
magp

Postby kewapo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:39 am

I use Freeplane as my main management program. In it I have all my meetings and procedures.
There is some main features that all mindmapping software should have:

- Backgroun images
    - Clone nodes, like in Freemind: A child node will have a lot of parents
    - More kinds of nodes (squared, circular...)
    - More kinds of lines (dotted, stripped...)

With only this 4 more features, freeplane will be the first free mindmapping tool in the world. I use a lot of software (xmind, yed, vue...) and mainly because freeplane lacks of any of that.
kewapo

Postby gioita » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Absolutely (11) An Android version. Have the maps always with me is a dream !!!
gioita

Postby warrl » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:07 am

This is weirdness bordering on heresy nowadays, and it isn't exactly a new feature, but I'll ask anyway...

Please keep as much as possible of the program working WITHOUT network access of any sort.

(In my case, being usable without network access is an absolute requirement. And what little I do want accomplished via network access is handled just fine by FreeFileSync.)
warrl

Postby capoeira-es » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:31 pm

philouz wrote:Hi,
:arrow: (5) several father nodes would be sometimes interesting...

I'm still deciding wich software i use and was searching about this.
so it is not possible to have seperate roots/fathers?

I tried out vym the last days, and there i use several roots in one map. this is now realy needed for me
capoeira-es

Postby dpolivaev » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:23 pm

It can be helpful for all freeplane developers and particularly for newcomers to see what features are the most wanted and why.
Therefore I want to try to make this issue sticky so that new feature requests are discussed here first.

Let me try to estimate the issues I have considered for the future.
Issues where the importance seems to be higher and the efforts seem to be lower are more likely to be implemented.

This is not a final verdict but just a usual post. Let us keep the discussion going.

Regards,
Dimitry

Feature / Efforts / Importance

- Background images / Low / Middle
- More kinds of lines (dotted, stripped...) / Low / Middle
- More kinds of nodes (squared, circular...) / Low / Middle
- Opening maps with automatically applied last used filters and last visited node selected /Low / Middle
- UI improvements / Middle / High
- Slide mode / Middle / High
- Clone nodes: The same subtree will have a lot of parents and appear at different places / High / High
- Horizontal and other map layouts / High / High
- Android or IOS application / Very high / Middle: there are a lots of such apps available
- Collaboration mode / High / Middle as it is relevant for a small minority of users
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby capoeira-es » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:02 pm

what about several roots?
capoeira-es

Postby dpolivaev » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:38 pm

I do not understand what you mean by several roots. Please start a new thread to discuss it in more details.
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Next

Return to Open Discussion