the missing pdf
Attachments
metaMindmapsComment.pdf
(385.4 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
jokro

Re: MetaMindMap

Postby jokro » Wed May 16, 2012 10:39 am

Didier
After selecting Add for whole mapsOnline with 37 files, I get an error, see the PDF.
Is the number of maps limited ?
Regards,
Jodi
Attachments
Dump.pdf
(293.92 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
jokro

Postby dpolivaev » Wed May 16, 2012 10:40 am

Jodi, could you please give an answer?
How can I load all those online MindMaps to make a test here ?

(I have been on the online MindMap, load the zip I found but there is few .mm in it
and loading one by one all the .mm found is not very fast )

Just also 2 questions : in the options of MetaMindMap, did you select the option fast for the test with your maps ?
and how many maps do you have (I made tests with about 30 maps) ?
Regards, Dimitry
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby didierch » Wed May 16, 2012 11:14 am

jokro wrote:Didier
After selecting Add for whole mapsOnline with 37 files, I get an error, see the PDF.
Is the number of maps limited ?
Regards,
Jodi

Hi Jodi,
Thks for the 2 pdf.

There is no known limits to the number of MindMap files ... each database could contain more than 2 Go of data, which I suppose is far from the size of names of files contained in a PC :!: ... the only database file that could be big after a long period could the file used for the traduction in French/english for the Multilingual stemming process inside MetaMindMap . (needed to acclerate the processus as you don't ask again for traduction if it is already done ...)

for the dump :
I put referentiel integrity constraints in the database, and it's the reason of the message which is not a fatal error ... you can click on Cancel, the program will continue ... I need the tests files you say to download from Freeplane (again the question of how to do it fast ? :idea: :shock: )

for the comment one :
1. good idea , I will look at it
2. I don't have the problem here ... do you think it can be something due to Freeplane configuration or it is to MetaMindMap to be more smart for its nodes text format ?
3. When I made tests, I discovered several of my MM with the same name, reused and modified in different folders ... so the whole path allow to understand why I was with the same MM name again ... I will add an option for that to allow user to make the choice for hidden details you propose.

Regards

Didier
didierch

Postby dpolivaev » Wed May 16, 2012 12:49 pm

do you think it can be something due to Freeplane configuration or it is to MetaMindMap to be more smart for its nodes text format ?
Both Freeplane and FreeMind can save text either in attribute "TEXT" or in element "richcontent" containing xhtml inside. The richcontent elements are also used for saving notes and (in freeplane only) details. Attribute "TYPE" of element "richcontent" defines where the underlying text goes to.

Dimitry
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby jokro » Wed May 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Didier
Previously a font size of 14, which you use, appeared as normal screen size. Freeplane has recently adapted displayed font size to the standard size indicated in points. Now you need to set 8 to get the same visual effect.

. I need the tests files

I added one of the files giving a recurrent error message if I try to add it, even with no other files in the list... May be you should first solve this problem.

Other problems might be that :
1. I have a different files with nodes with identical node ID's. This situations happens when making a translation of the same map in a different language.
2. I also have a few files with different file names but identical content. This situation happens if I am preparing a translation which was not yet carried out.
Does this help ?

Regards
Jodi
Attachments
AdvancedEditingGuide.mm
(38.18 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
jokro

Postby didierch » Wed May 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello Jordi

The problem you met is solved ... for the moment please don't use the button add and reload all the files you need for each analyse with teh Button New

As I am testing to integrate a new major capability inside MetaMindMap, it will incoporate others remarks you made too ...
(with it, you will be able to incorporate nodes got with the API of www.saepe.ch ;

the idea :idea: is thus to get automatic nodes proposed from Social Networks according to the ideas your are developpping
inside your MindMaps ... simple but can be powerfull ;)
didierch

MetaMindMap

Postby didierch » Tue May 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Hello

That's done ... you can obtain new nodes created using the search of www.saepe.ch with the new version of MetaMindMap 1.2.4

(remarks :
- see Options to choice if you want the summary and the thumbnail with the new node, and how many new nodes you want.

- the idea is to obtain eventually new ideas/info when creating a new MindMap and reusing existing MindMaps (Saepe.ch gives
results from newspapers and how people share about those news on Social Networks ...)

- the thumbnails doensn't appear ; you need to clic on them to visualize ... I wait some help from he forum to know why )

Regards

Didier
didierch

Postby jokro » Tue May 22, 2012 9:43 pm

After a quick test, much improvement. Very useful results if comparing maps with e.g. translations.

However,

The program does not signal nodes "John" and "Amy" which are present in both following mind maps:
http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/mapsOnline/?map=MeetingAdvanced.mm and http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/mapsOnline/?map=MeetingAdvanced.mm.

Also the font size of the URL's is extremely large.
Regards
Jodi
jokro

Postby jokro » Tue May 22, 2012 9:44 pm

jokro

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion