FP in network environment

FP in network environment

Postby jokro » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:32 am

I am using FP in a network environment. In this situation FP is opened differently in read-only versus write mode. In write-mode a map is opened in its original " fixed" directory, hence relative hyperlinks do work. In the network environment it has been organized that in read only mode the map is automatically opened in a temporary directory. If opened here relative hyperlinks do not work, as they expect their destination in the temporary directory too, while it is in the ' fixed' ditrectory.

My question: could relative hyperlinks in a map which is opened in a temporary directory be made to work by setting the “fixed” directory in an environmental variable? If so, which environmental variable should this be; and would it be an idea to have a preference to set this environmental variable :?:
I ask these questions because I am not in a position to experiment with it myself. Only if I know a solution I can try to convince the IT department to implement it.
Regards
Jodi
jokro

Re: FP in network environment

Postby boercher » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:45 pm

I did not understand your question fully but I don't think that any environment variable could be used to influence construction of the absolute from a relative path with any web server (or what?). But you could perhaps use a "publisher" script that changes all hyperlinks to absolute paths before putting your map on the net.

Regards, Volker
boercher

Re: FP in network environment

Postby jokro » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi Voker,
thx for the idea. I will try
Regards
Jodi
jokro

Return to Developers