Hotkey or keyboard navigation for SimplyHTML?

Hotkey or keyboard navigation for SimplyHTML?

Postby quickfold » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:01 pm

I know that SimplyHTML is in some way separate from FreePlane (although I'm no techie so I don't quite know how), but I'm wondering if there is a way to avoid the mouse when using it. Specifically, I want to create a bulleted list when in the SimpleHTML window using the keyboard. I can't define a hotkey for its menu using the FreePlane command. When I have focus in the SimplyHTML pane, 'Alt' takes me to the FreePlane menu rather than the SimplyHTML menu. I would write a AutoHotKey script for it, but I can't figure out how to reference the 'create bulleted list' button in SimplyHTML.

Any suggestions welcome!

Win 7 x64, Freeplane 1.3.6 beta.
quickfold

Re: Hotkey or keyboard navigation for SimplyHTML?

Postby pilominco » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:50 pm

I totally agree. SimplyHTML should be compatible with keyboard shortcuts. When you seriously use text, you don't want to pick up the mouse for routine tasks. And one should be able to write scripts for it. I have been missing all that to the point I never use SimplyHTML anymore. I wish the developers could invest some time in this. It is less fancy than clones, but far more useful in real life. If my vote counts for something, I vote for your suggestion.
pilominco

Return to Open Discussion