How to use the freemind2beamer converter

How to use the freemind2beamer converter

Postby notargets » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Has anyone of you had success using the freemind2beamer converter? I'd like to use it to convert Freeplane mindmaps to LaTeX Beamer presentations.

Although the website of the project has a how-to in the ‘How to proceed’ section, I'm stuck at step 2: ‘Convert a Freemind file into a Latex Beamer content file through mm2latexbeamer_richcontent.xsl available in the Attachments section.’

From the Download page, I downloaded the required XSLT processor (Saxon - HE), but I have no idea how to use it. I've downloaded and extracted the Java version but I can't run either of the jar files under Linux Mint KDE 16. Can you help me with it?
notargets

Re: How to use the freemind2beamer converter

Postby fnatter » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:56 pm

hi,

you don't need saxon if you export from within Freeplane. In order to do that, download
"mm2latexbeamer_richcontent_2.04" and save it to <fpuserdir>/1.3.x/xslt/mm2latexbeamer_richcontent_2.04.xsl.
(change '1.3.x' to '1.2.x' if you're using 1.2.23).
--> this will register a "Latex beamer" export filter once you restart Freeplane.

I'm not sure where to get 'beamer_master.tex', though.

Best Regards,
Felix
fnatter

Re: How to use the freemind2beamer converter

Postby notargets » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Thank you for your advice, Felix! Actually, I needed to copy it into <fpuserdir>/1.2.x/resources/xslt/, but it works now.

I don't know what beamer_master.tex refers to, but the exported tex file is compiled by pdlatex without any problems.
notargets

Return to Open Discussion