Files are lost on a OneDrive cloud

Files are lost on a OneDrive cloud

Postby norton421 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:20 am

Gentlemen,

Using Freeplane locally works fine and I am very happy to work with it. Unfortunately, it does not work at all on a OneDrive for Business server. I guess it won’t work fine on any cloud system. Files can be lost or damaged.

It seems sharing options are not set properly. When I open a file in Freeplane, I still can rename it or modify it in explorer when it should have been exclusively locked by Freeplane!

As a result, the cloud has no way to know if Freeplane is currently using the file, and does weird things.

To fix this, I guess the file should be opened with different sharing options. I guess 0 (zero) would we fine because nor FILE_SHARE_READ nor FILE_SHARE_WRITE would work for a text file. More important, the file MUST stay opened as long as it is used (session management).
With this modification, the cloud will be able to detect when the file is saved and close, and update it properly.

Thank you - Rob
norton421

Re: Files are lost on a OneDrive cloud

Postby dpolivaev » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Submit a bug report to https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/f ... g_page.php . I shall work on it after 1.3.x is released so that in 1.4 you have the solution.

Regards, Dimitry
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion