How to rename a style?

How to rename a style?

Postby jnrvilhena » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:06 pm

I searched the Freeplane documentation and found here http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/i ... ode_styles this instruction:
"To rename a user style:
in the styles editor, select you style, right click, select in the contextual menu "Save as new style...", enter the new name you want, remove the old style entry."

I did this and deleted the old style name, but the new style doesn't replace the style applied before to nodes; the nodes lost any style. So, I think this is a no solution or, I'm missing some step. Does anyone knows how to rename the style properly?

Best regards
JVilhena
jnrvilhena

Re: How to rename a style?

Postby dpolivaev » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 pm

• in the styles editor, select you style, right click, select in the contextual menu "Save as new style...", enter the new name you want
  • replace the old style by the new style in the conditional style lists for map and for nodes
  • in the map filter all nodes with the old style and assign them the new style
  • now you can delete the old style from the styles editor

Please try it out and correct the wiki.

Regards, Dimitry
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby kunkel321 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Tip: To more quickly change the style on all of those, you might be able to
* Make sure all nodes are unfolded.
* Ctrl+F for the Find Toolbar, then search by "Style" "Is equal to" "XYZ."
* Do Auto Filter (a funnel with a lightening bolt near the right of the toolbar).
* Hold down Ctrl to invoke "multi-select" but use it to unselect the root and any parent nodes that are not of Style XYZ.
* Change the style and turn off the filter.

EDIT:
Err... Um... I just realized that there is a "highlight all matching" button on the very right of the toolbar (funnel with two pink rectangles)...
Better directions:
* Make sure all nodes are unfolded.
* Ctrl+F for the Find Toolbar, then search by "Style" "Is equal to" "XYZ."
* Click "Highlight all Matching" button on the very right of the toolbar (funnel with two pink rectangles)
* Change the style and turn off the filter.
kunkel321

Postby jnrvilhena » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Thank you Dimitry and kunkel321,

Dimitry,
I skipped your second point because I didn't understood it, but I did change it. Nevertheless, this is a lot of work to only change a name. I will try to correct the wiki.

kunkel321,
This method it's not to rename the style! But, is a very quick way to change the style.

Best regards
JVilhena
jnrvilhena

Postby kunkel321 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Sorry, yes. I meant this to be integrated into Dimitry's instructions... Though after rereading his directions I see that he already instructs us to use the filter function anyway... So really my reply was not even needed to start with.
kunkel321

Return to Open Discussion