Node movement causes unwanted movement of unconnected nodes

Node movement causes unwanted movement of unconnected nodes

Postby jzadra » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:43 am

Some of my first level nodes coming off the central hub, when moved, will cause other unconnected nodes to move equally. For instance, if I move "Incoming", it seems linked to another unconnected node, and both move the same relative amount. If I move the other node, it moves both Incoming and some additional nodes. It doesn't seem to be that they are moving to avoid overlapping, as pulling one well away from the hub and then moving still produces the same behavior.

This is making it hard to organize things in the locations I'd like them :).

Here are pictures:

And after moving only the blue Incoming node down, the green nodes on the right have all moved down an exactly equal amount.

Thanks!
jzadra

Re: Node movement causes unwanted movement of unconnected nodes

Postby dpolivaev » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:59 am

Sorry, I can not understand anything from the attached pictures. Upload your maps and try to articulate yourself in a clearer way.
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby jzadra » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:48 am

Look at the position of the blue and green nodes. between the 1st and 2nd picture, I moved the blue node down. The green node is somehow linked to it, and it moves down exactly the same amount. Any movement of the blue node makes the green node move.
jzadra

Postby dpolivaev » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:04 am

Blue nodes are handled as right nodes, it can be seen from their layout. Look http://youtu.be/0xkUzsd4naA and ask other people to explain you how to do it right, there is no bug here.
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby jzadra » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:31 am

Hi,

I guess this isn't clear in writing. I've created a screencast that should clear up what I mean.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2e1iUnbSg
jzadra

Postby jzadra » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:51 am

Aha. I see what you mean now with left and right nodes. I dragged a right node to the left using the handle instead of dragging it to shade the left of it's parent, so it's moving as if it's still on the right and affecting things on the right.

Thanks!
jzadra

Return to Open Discussion