Keep text in single node - with drag and drop - HOWTO?

Keep text in single node - with drag and drop - HOWTO?

Postby lexje » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:00 am

Hi,

I'm an old time user of freemind / freeplane / docear. I would say I have limited knowledge about mindmapping.
Suppose you have selected a couple of lines of text on a webpage, and you are executing a drag and drop onto a mindmap node.
I seem to remember there was a possibility to choose for the text to either be split (per line to separate nodes) or to be kept together in a single node.

I can't seem to keep the text together in a single node anymore?

Can this still be achieved?

Thank you!

Erwin
lexje

Re: Keep text in single node - with drag and drop - HOWTO?

Postby boercher » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:04 pm

If you have an editor opened the text will be inserted as a block but if you simply drop it onto a node the text will be split. I checked that with Freeplane 1.3 but I think that this functionality has not changed.

Regards, Volker
boercher

Postby lexje » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Hi Voker, thanks for answering, but I'm not sure I follow you..
Are you referring to
- drag (multiple lines) from a text editor
or
- drag (multiple lines) from a webpage into the opened Freeplane editor (Alt + ret => SimplyHTML editor)

At the moment I'm using 1.3.6 beta.
I've also tried to open up the freeplane editor positioned onto a node, then dragging a couple of lines into the editor window
but this does not seem to work..

Thanks for clarifying,

Erwin
lexje

Postby boercher » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi Erwin,

under Windows I dragged multiple lines from the browser into the inline editor and it worked as described, but I did not try the SimplyHtml editor. Under Linux both works with most recent 1.3.x version. If you want to loose all formatting on copying I think you have to use an text editor as an intermediate drop location, but I may be wrong on that.

Volker
boercher

Return to Open Discussion