Some information on new version please ?

Some information on new version please ?

Postby celvin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Hello,
I hope that his forum is read by some of the developers. I have been using Freeplane for some time now and it is really a great program. Thanks to all programmes who are still developing it to make it even better.
However I still use the last stable release 1.2.23. In the preview folder on Sourceforge, development is already on version 1.3.6
I have not dared yet to install and use this version as there is a rather strong message on this page :
"This directory contains the latest preview versions of Freeplane created for testing purposes almost every week. The data format of the maps saved and read by preview versions can be changed without any notice."

I also see that in this directory there is a 1.2.24 version dating from end of last year and supposing to make Freeplane run better with newer java versions ?

Could some of the developers (and users of versions 1.3) please comment on this and on the stability of version 1.3.
The last stable version dates from march 2013, so I guess there must be some really exiting new features in the 1.3 version.
Any ideas when this will turn stable ?
Actually I would just like to know if people who are using the 1.3 version do have any problems with the file format ?

many thanks in advance for any information

Cheers

Oliver
celvin

Re: Some information on new version please ?

Postby dpolivaev » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:11 pm

We are going to release official beta version pretty soon and I think current previews are stable enough. Dimitry
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Re: Some information on new version please ?

Postby celvin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:43 am

Dear Dimitry,
I have installed at once and it seems to be working fine with my maps.
I have not yet discovered all the new features, but just the possibility of being able to close a map directly by clicking on X in the tab is a really usefull improvement for me. Thanks for all the work that you and the other programmers put into FreePlane

Cheers

Oliver
celvin

Return to Open Discussion