freeplane --> anki?

freeplane --> anki?

Postby fraicheprince » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Check this link out: http://revedution.com/tag/xmind2anki/

It's an awesome idea except it's for xmind which I find to be a bloated alternative to Freeplane. However I'm also struggling between Freeplane and xmind now that I know I can quickly generate flash cards using xmind. Does anyone know of a similar plugin/program for freeplane?
fraicheprince

Re: freeplane --> anki?

Postby kingsinger » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:04 am

Anki seems to import a bunch of standard formats like .csv. It seems like FP ought to be able to export a map or specific nodes in a format that Anki can import. But if you are looking for a solution where you simply select a node or nodes, right click and then select "send to Anki" that doesn't exist (at least not yet). Maybe somebody with groovy skills could create an add-on.
kingsinger

Re: freeplane --> anki?

Postby boercher » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:32 am

For every export you have to make a decision about the mapping between two different concepts: Each Anki flashcard may have front and backpage, audio and maybe more attributes. Once you have a good concept for the Freeplane representation of a flashcard it would be simple to provide an export, at least with Groovy. What about the following "Freeplane translation":

- Core text: Front page
- Node details: Back page

For more flashcard properties the node attributes could be used.

Volker
boercher

Return to Open Discussion