minimized view by default

minimized view by default

Postby rmarie » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:10 am

Hello,

I'd like to know if/how it is possible to view some (or all) nodes in a map minimized by default. For the moment, in my map, most of the nodes have some kind of extension (picture or LaTeX formulas) that can be hidden when the node is minimized. However, if I minimize a node then fold its parent (or other ancestors) and unfold it, it reappears unminimized. I would like it to stay minimized after fold/unfold actions. Is there a way to do that? if yes, how?
If that is of some importance, I'm using freeplane 1.2.23 on Ubuntu (linux).
Thanks in advance for any answers or idea you could give me,

Have a good day,

Marie
rmarie

Re: minimized view by default

Postby andressf » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:22 pm

---
Last edited by andressf on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andressf

Postby andressf » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:24 pm

if I minimize a node then fold its parent (or other ancestors) and unfold it, it reappears unminimized. I would like it to stay minimized after fold/unfold actions...I'm using freeplane 1.2.23 on Ubuntu

In Freeplane 1.3.6 beta pre07 (Windows 8) they stay (reappear) minimized. Maybe you should try this last FP version (it is very stable).

if/how it is possible to view some (or all) nodes in a map minimized by default

I do not know if it is possible but maybe it could help a bit to use (if you haven't already done it) a single hot key (Tools-->Assign hot key. For instance an F key), and apply it to one or multiple selected (or all) nodes.
andressf

Postby abc163 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Please check this thread https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/freeplane/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=788 to see whether it helps. In my XP, a map is opened in the status when it was saved. It works on fold, unfold and minimized. I don't have experience on Freeplane linux version, but if linux version has this similar setting, it is supposed to work in the same way.

abc
abc163

Postby rmarie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Hello,

Thanks abc163 and andressf for your replies.

andressf, I would love to actually use the last beta version of freeplane (1.3.6 beta) but I couldn't find where to download a version for ubuntu (not sure which package I need to download from this list here https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/files/freeplane%20preview/) and I'm not sure I would be able to install it (when it doesn't come with a .deb file or an installer for ubuntu, I'm always in trouble). If you know where I can find information on that, could you let me know?
Also, I did set up a hot key for "minimize" and so I can do that easy, it's just that I'm trying to study on my mind map and I'd like the details of some nodes (formulas I input in LaTeX, definitions in details...) to be hidden so I can try and see if I remember them correctly before I unminimize the node to check my memory!

abc163, I've just tried the settings mentionned in the thread you pointed me to. They do exist in freeplane linux version but it's not changing anything on the "minimize"/"unminimize" problem.

Thanks again for your help,

Have a good day and a good week-end,

Marie
rmarie

Postby fnatter » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:40 pm

hi Marie,

Ubuntu packages are only created for stable software versions
=> you need to install it manually:

- download the freeplane_bin distribution
- unzip it somewhere
- run: ./freeplane.sh in freeplane-1.3.6-beta_pre07/
- this thread might help to set up an icon, but I am not sure about Ubuntu/unity. If you are having trouble with adding a custom launcher, you might want to post here again.

Best Regards,
Felix
fnatter

Postby rmarie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:03 am

Hello,

Thanks fnatter for your reply and indications. It worked like a charm and was fearly easy to do.
To create a shortcut in the launcher side bar in ubuntu 13.10, it is even easier, you just have run the application you want a shortcut for, then click right on the corresponding icon that appear in the launcher and select "lock to launcher" and that's it, ubuntu is dealing with path and command all by itself! I love when it's easy like this.
Have a good day!

Marie
rmarie

Return to Open Discussion