is freeplane demanding new graphics/artwork/redesign?

Re: is freeplane demanding new graphics/artwork/redesign?

Postby dpolivaev » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:57 pm

what exactly is to do? Please help me to clarify the startings.
Hi, I am afraid I can not suggest what you could do. Such ideas usually come from the users and from the contributors. They must make sense at first for you as a person spending work and time. Do you see any space for improvement? Do you have any ideas what you would like to change?

Regards,
Dimitry
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby fnatter » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:00 pm

hello,

maybe you would like to check if the documentation (doc/freeplane.mm, wiki page(s), maybe also freeplaneTutorial.mm)
is up-to-date for 1.3.x?

Best Regards,
Felix
fnatter

Postby leostaley » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:01 am

I like the graphical feature of automatic coloring of new nodes, but I wish it had a bit more customizability. Particularly, I don't want it to use yellow, so I'd like to be able to choose which colors show up in the automatic coloring.

Also, I'd like the option to make it not global. That is, I'd like to be able to select a node and say, keep automatically coloring new color edges on children of this node. Even better, the option to choose how many children down it would go before making children inherit the parent color. But mostly, I'm just annoyed by getting yellow.
leostaley

Postby kunkel321 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:21 pm

The Ribbon looks pretty cool! Yes, it definitely does need some updated icon images though. It also seems like you could maybe trim a pixel or two off of the button margins, to make them more compact. (just my opinion ;) )

When you guys are talking about SVGs, you mean for the icons that are attached to the map nodes--right?
You wouldn't use SVGs in the GUI toolbars or ribbon! (?)
kunkel321

Postby kunkel321 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Any new developments on this topic jkrakowski, et all?
kunkel321

Previous

Return to Open Discussion