Information management with Freeplane add-on

Information management with Freeplane add-on

Postby jokro » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi,
I have added a wiki page for information management with Freeplane, using add-on IndexFile: http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Information_management_with_add-on_IndexFile

Please give your comment.
regards
Jodi
jokro

Re: Information management with Freeplane add-on

Postby pmraps » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 am

Hi,
I was looking for a way to convert a folder in editable nodes, where I can define what is to be done in a specific file of a specific folder. So, I installed the plugin and it looks great but I would like to have it translated.
I translated Freeplane to Portuguese-pt using Weblate but I don't find this add-on there. How can I do it and make it available for others? By the way, I have also another add-on, Insert Inline Image, that needs translation to. Is it the same procedure?
Thank you.
Regards,
Pedro
pmraps

Postby jokro » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:50 am

Hi Pedro,
the use case you describe is exactly what IndexFile should do.

The procedure to translate it is different from translating Freeplane.
In menu Tools >IndexFile > Help node "Translate" describes what to do. The translation file for the menu and the messages is in the add-on mindmap you downoaded (this is not clearly stated in the Help; I will add this). Open it and follow the procedure described in node Help.
If the procedure is unclear, please let me know so I can improve it.

N.B. I am still improving the wiki, so keep consulting. If you have suggestions, please let me know.

Enjoy using IndexFile and keep me informed about your experiences.

Regards,
Jodi
jokro

Postby pmraps » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:04 am

Hi Jodi
Thank you, when I have the translation made I'll post a comment here and make the files available.
Of course, in case of doubt, I'll ask you what to do.
Regards,
Pedro.
pmraps

Postby iainkewley » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:38 pm

It won't load in 1.3.6b as far as I can see - I've tried both the normal install and the portable version. Both fail with the message Error on installation: org.freeplane.script.ExecuteScriptExceptions

It works fine on 1.2.x
iainkewley

Postby jokro » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:41 pm

It won't load in 1.3.6b as far as I can see

Hi iainkewley,
I can't reproduce your error. With Freeplane 1.3.6, Windows 7 and IndexFile 0.0.11 installation is fine.

Please post a bug report to Mantis and ask Volker if he can reproduce or explain the error.

Just in case, did you install an older version of IndexFile before ? If so check if <USERDIR>/lib exactly has one scriptlib and one index file. If there are more, delete them all and reinstall.

Regards
Jodi
jokro

Postby pmraps » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi Jodi,
I made the translation after copying and pasting the node. They are all under translations node. But I can't get it to work, not even nl translation.
I changed the box "preferred language (2 chars)" to pt and nl without results. What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
Pedro.
pmraps

Postby jokro » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi Pedro,
I can't get it to work, not even nl translation.

The nl translation is automatically taken by Freeplane if in Preferences you set Freeplane's language to dutch - after a restart. It is curious I you can't get nl working, as I am switching all the time. Please explain exactly what you do/did. Did you reinstall the add-on after adding pt language ? Is pt the same code you use for the main menu ? Did you only translate the menu or also the templates? The pt=language node will only translate the Index-File menu in Tools, not the templates. Or may be I have to run the add-on developer tool to regenerate the add-on.

If you upload or send me the add-on I will take a look.

N.B. in version 0.0.12 the following elements were added at the end:
OptionPanel.addons.indexfile.stopFolders
OptionPanel.addons.indexfile.excludeFolders

Regards
Jodi
jokro

Postby pmraps » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:50 am

Hi jodi,
here is a link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fulumoowslgxtr/indexfile-v0.0.11.addon.mm.zip
So far I translated the add-on and the help. Regarding the help I haven't yet figured out where to put it, but it's not important. The templates are next on the list.
The add-on uses code pt, I think is the correct one. In Tools > Preferences > Language, says "Português Portugal".
I was hopping to test this version before sending it to you but...
Thank you.
Regards,
Pedro.
pmraps

Postby jokro » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi Pedro,
I have added a script to the add-on map which will show the current language code. In your case it proved to be pt_PT.

Your translation I included it in version 0.0.14. See and have fun. I also have added this information to the Help file, English only. Not there were additions in each last version.

It appears then special characters wit accents are not recognized. Post a bug report to Mantis so Volker can take care of this.

There are a few new entries which still need translation (i added them in English for you to edit). When you are finshed I can include the new version.

The location for the help should have been explained in node Translate of Help

Regards
Jodi
jokro

Next

Return to Open Discussion