how to reset formatting jungle of older mindmaps?

how to reset formatting jungle of older mindmaps?

Postby jkrakowski » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Hello.

I struggle with some of my old mindmaps. They have all kind of formatings and i want get rid of them and have only autoformat at all.
Some times it was easy to accomplish via copy paste nodes to a new mindmap where autoformat was enabled, but it isnt a perfect solution. Expand the view, select all nodes and then format them is one option but i feel quite afraid about crashing the application, my mindmaps are huge and freeplane didnt responses then for some time. any idea how to do this? maybe even a regex script could be a option.
Copy and use a autoformat of another mindmap to the currenct would be the most awsome option!
Thanks for answers
jkrakowski

Re: how to reset formatting jungle of older mindmaps?

Postby boercher » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:46 pm

Try this little script:
Code: Select all
c.findAll().each { it.style.name = 'default' }

Volker
boercher

Postby jkrakowski » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 pm

thank you!
jkrakowski

Postby jkrakowski » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:38 pm

how do i run this script? i tried to use freeplane scripteditor, saved it to the root node, then i executed all scripts in the mindmap but it didnt worked.
jkrakowski

Postby kunkel321 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:01 pm

There might be an easier way... But you could paste the code to Notepad, then save as file type = "All files." Name the script file something.groovy
Put it in the appdata/freeplane/scripts folder. Then close and reopen Freeplane. Launch from tools menu.
kunkel321

Postby boercher » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:17 am

jkrakowski wrote:how do i run this script? i tried to use freeplane scripteditor, saved it to the root node, then i executed all scripts in the mindmap but it didnt worked.

There are still some users of the script editor but it's much easier to put scripts into their own files. You can assign keyboard shortcuts to them and use them for all your maps instead of only one map.

Regards, Volker
boercher

Return to Open Discussion