Resizing images to node width

Re: Resizing images to node width

Postby abc163 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Volker,

The new script has effect on both bitmap and svg, but it only shrinks the size of image smaller than the maximum node width. If I repeat clicking the script, the size of image becomes smaller. The status line shows 2 successes and 0 failure, and the log file does not have new informations.

abc
abc163

Postby boercher » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:46 pm

abc,

that's not what I observe. It's true that multiple invocations do change the image size each time. Somehow the computation of the right zoom factor is wrong. I can't say if the current size or the current zoom factor is wrong but it needs several invocations of the script to get the widths right. For me it seems that this statement holds for increases and decreases of the size.

Volker
boercher

Postby abc163 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Volker,

I misunderstood that script was a final solution. As a programming layman, I do feel it is an encouragement that both types of image can be manipulated. Absolutely I would patiently wait for your solutions.

abc
abc163

Postby boercher » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:15 pm

I could reproduce the bug for images having a natural size larger than the maxnodewidth. In this case the script erroneously computed the current width as maxnodewidth... Fortunately the bug is fixed and the new, updated script will work.

Volker
boercher

Postby abc163 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:05 am

Hi Volker,

I just tested the latest script. It works marvelously! Bitmap and svg, no matter what size they are, just one click, all go to the maximum width. Really big thanks! :D :D :D I am confident that all people dealing with images would be grateful for your work.

abc
abc163

Previous

Return to Open Discussion