New addon: IndexFile

New addon: IndexFile

Postby jokro » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:23 am

See http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Add-ons_%28install%29#IndexFile
Have fun and please give your comment.
Regards
Jodi
jokro

Re: New addon: IndexFile

Postby jokro » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:55 pm

I have reinstalled the addon, as the upload was not complete. The corect version is nr 0.03.

The addon lib-directory contains groovy files which should be automatically compiled - by the newest version of Freeplane. As this doesn't work always /for older vesions, I have uploaded version 0.03a with the class files precompiled; this should work for all versions. Please let know if you are still having prolems.
jokro

Postby jokro » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Version 0.7 has added functionality for getting an overview of and giving structured access to existing information structures and developing new structures: organisations & persons, themes, dossiers & meetings, folders and documents; and for adding descriptions and metada. Each structural element type has a type-specific icon. Two example pictures are displayed at the addon download page.
Regards
Jodi
jokro

Postby jokro » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:43 am

In version 0.0.11 the templates of IndexFiles are moved to subdirectory <USERDIR>/templates/indexfile. This is done to make the big footprint in templates smaller. If you did install a prior version, you may remove all files starting with (i)_ from directory <USERDIR>/templates. If you translate templates, save them it in the new subdirectory only. Otherwise they won't be found by menu IndexFile.

Regards
Jodi
jokro

Postby jokro » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi,
version 0.0.12 has increased indexing speed and the possibility to exclude folders from the index, or to stop indexing at a named folder.
Regards
Jodi
jokro

Postby jokro » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi,
When translating to portuguese it turned out that language codes used by Freeplane are not self explaining. It turned out to be pt_PT while I would have expected pt. I have added a node with a button in the add-on, which when clicked shows your current language code.
Regards
Jodi
jokro

Postby jokro » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm

In v0.016 preferences can be set to automatically generate absolute links. This is needed if using Sharepoint with read-only rights. In that case Sharepoint opens the mind map in a Tempory file, which breaks all relative links. There is an preference to set a preferred path, which could point to the source directory to make sure one can refresh the index even with read-only rghts.
Regards
Jodi
jokro

Postby jokro » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi,
As the add-on is approaching its first beta state it makes sense to think how to rename its working name into a name which better represents its content. Besides indexing, the dashboard function and the function to describe documentary information (metadata) are important. I propose to rename IndexFile into "diView", unless you have a better proposal.

In version 0.0.18 I renamed the menu into diView. Menu items "New indexfile -basic" etc I renamed in "New dashboard -basic". Also the Help file was rewritten and extended.

What is your opninion about these revisions ? What are you missing in the Help file ?

Regards
Jodi
jokro

Postby pmraps » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:23 am

Hi Jodi,
First of all my menu shows no change to "dashboard". The extended part of the help I've seen but what do you meen by rewritten? Do I have to translate all again or just update the translation?
For now (and for me) I think the help is enough. If I miss something , I'll let you know. For now it's working exactly as I needed. :D
I´ll wait for your answer and then send the latest updated translation. Please let me know how is the best way to upload the files.
One thing I think is missing, not in the help. Maybe it's possible to send a warning when a new update is available for translating, but of course this is valid for every add-on so it's probably dificult.
Regards,
Pedro.
pmraps

Postby jokro » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Version 0.0.19 now supports children for a dashboard node, see wiki page
http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Information_management_with_add-on_IndexFile#Documenting_dashboard_nodes for an illustration and explanation.

Hi Pedro,
I provide dutch and English translations only. Where I nderstood Portuguese I added diView for example. The rest is up to you. There are added entries in English in the translation table. I am sorry, but they may be hidden. It would be nice to have a script ordering the attributes. Something for the future ?
what do you meen by rewritten? Do I have to translate all again or just update the translation?

It is up to you. The Help file developed following changes in the program. The present version is much clearer for a new reader, I think. I still have towork to revise and complete the list of the preferences, which have beome abundant.

Please let me know how is the best way to upload the files.
The way you did before is fine to me. Just take the last addon for getting the complete table of items, or add missing attributes in your list. I am thinking to start a discussion how to to upload only the components of a particular langue: when there is an increase in translations, this will increase file size of the addon, the translations taking much more space than the program.

Regards
Jodi
jokro

Next

Return to Open Discussion