Freeplane NEW FEATURES LIST +++ PLEASE

Re: Freeplane NEW FEATURES LIST +++ PLEASE

Postby khought » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:56 pm

A feature for node alignment and relative placement distribution would be very welcome. Would add a structured feel to final product maps.

Ken.
khought

Postby dpolivaev » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:09 pm

Control-Z and “undo” when editing a node.
I see your point. For 1.3.x we could just ignore the undo if the node is being edited. Would it solve the problem?
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby pilominco » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:48 am

Yes, that would solve the problem. The best, though, would be the word-processor functionality by reverting the editing step by step. Is that too complicated? I feel it would increase the usability of Freeplane for writing, maybe even bypassing the need to use LibreOffice or similar on the side. Thanks.
pilominco

Postby kewapo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 am

I think is very important to maintain compatibility with freemind and the characteristics of the new versions of that application. The main reason is to provide a real alternative to freemind, and open all its mind maps including the new ones.

So, although freeplane does not support clones, I think is important that freeplane can 'understand' how to draw clones. There are many organizations that use Freemind (and they don't know freeplane) and maybe this will be an inconvenient to don't change to freeplane.
kewapo

Postby edo_f » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:28 pm

here is a little one feature it would help me a lot:
today in freeplane you can "draw" a connector between two nodes using the right mouse button.
it would be usefull that by doing the same but pressing some key (Alt, shift or Control) the connector "simulates en edge" automatically.

thanks,

Edo
edo_f

Postby endlessloop » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Ctrl + l (as in the word «link») after selection of two (or more) nodes. See documentation.

Regards
endlessloop

Postby pilominco » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:37 am

Keyboard shortcut to add a word to the spell checker dictionary.
I am still trying to use Freeplane as a production word processor. And I find it inconvenient to have to do several mouse clicks to add a word to the spell checker. Could we implement a keyboard shortcut to do that? Alternatively, it would be really useful to pres some key to open the “contextual menu”. Now you can only do that with a right button mouse click. Leave the keyboard to grab the mouse to do all this clicks slows you down a lot. :(
Also, could we implement in “settings” the option to have the spell checker verify all displayed nodes at once and mark the errors of spelling? That would save us the effort to enter each and every node to verify the spelling.
These three things would make the program more akin to what is standard to mainstream word processors.
pilominco

Postby leostaley » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:12 am

dpolivaev wrote:
Control-Z and “undo” when editing a node.
I see your point. For 1.3.x we could just ignore the undo if the node is being edited. Would it solve the problem?

This would make me SOOO happy!!
leostaley

Postby leostaley » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:13 am

Is there a way to make all new nodes show up on the right instead of alternating left and right? That would be a great feature!
leostaley

Postby glen_coakley » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:30 am

I want to reiterate other comments that there are many tools that will edit .mm mind map files on IOS. I cannot comment about Android.

Dimitry, earlier in this thread you commented that Concept Maps are "Not relevant for Freeplane" in the context of allowing multiple links between nodes. Can you explain your thinking behind that?
Freeplane already supports connections so, it does not seem far from supporting multiple-parented nodes. I understand that Mind Maps are not Concept Maps but, why couldn't the tool support both types? Given all of the other work needed to display either type it seems like there are only a few small differences (mostly around layout).
glen_coakley

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion