Freeplane NEW FEATURES LIST +++ PLEASE

Re: Freeplane NEW FEATURES LIST +++ PLEASE

Postby endlessloop » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:10 am

Thank you for this answer. I understand that concept map with several "roots" (or no root) is not "relevant" for Freeplane. But we cannot "have it right now with floating nodes", it is not possible to use it with a minimum of convenienceto make a graph instead of a tree. But VUE is a very good tool for that.

Regards.
endlessloop

Postby endlessloop » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:20 am

Two features important according to me :

-Inport CSV files (arrays of Dataset) and create mindmap automatically with this kind of dataset.
-Export map in Visual Understanding Environment (VUE) format.

(More kinds of lines (dotted, stripped...) / Low / Middle => good !
More kinds of nodes (squared, circular...) / Low / Middle => very important to me.)

Thank you,

Regards.
endlessloop

Postby dgm5555 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:57 pm

I'd like to vote for freeplane to work as a google docs app. That way we would have mindmapping software on a tablet, and a much more portable solution. (Easy for me to say, as I have no idea how to make it happen)
dgm5555

Postby kenfhill84034 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:59 pm

dgm5555 wrote:I'd like to vote for freeplane to work as a google docs app. That way we would have mindmapping software on a tablet, and a much more portable solution. (Easy for me to say, as I have no idea how to make it happen)

I completely agree. That would be wonderful.
kenfhill84034

Postby kenfhill84034 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:43 pm

I'd like to be able to keep the connector dialog open to make several changes, then, after all my changes I could close the dialog.

As it is now, if I want to change color, line style, arrow style, width, font, font size -- the dialog closes after each change and I have to open it up again for each additional change.

I've wasted a lot of time this morning futzing with the connector dialog.
kenfhill84034

Postby endlessloop » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:31 pm

kenfhill84034 wrote:I'd like to be able to keep the connector dialog open to make several changes, then, after all my changes I could close the dialog.

As it is now, if I want to change color, line style, arrow style, width, font, font size -- the dialog closes after each change and I have to open it up again for each additional change.

I completely agree with that. It would be very convenient.

kenfhill84034 wrote:I've wasted a lot of time this morning futzing with the connector dialog.

Yes, me too (not only this morning) ;)
endlessloop

Postby dpolivaev » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:48 pm

I'd like to be able to keep the connector dialog open to make several changes, then, after all my changes I could close the dialog.
Implemented, you get in already the next preview :)
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby kenfhill84034 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:50 pm

dpolivaev wrote:
Implemented, you get in already the next preview :)

Fantastic. Thanks.
kenfhill84034

Postby endlessloop » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:58 pm

Terrific, ideed ! Thank you very much
endlessloop

Postby pilominco » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:29 am

Control-Z and “undo” when editing a node.
I would like the Control-Z combination to work like in a word processor when writing inside a node. As it is today, when I press that combination I lose all the work I have done on the particular node because the program goes back to the content I had before entering the node to edit the text.
The problem is that the Control-Z combination is a habit. In a word processor you can press it many times to safely and progressively go back in the editing. That is why you end up pressing that sequence without thinking... and then you loose your work. Very frustrating.
I have replaced that keyboard shortcut why something safe (move the cursor one character), so I don't keep loosing my work. But I still think that going back to the usual behavior for that keyboard shortcut would greatly improve the experience with Freeplane by making it feel more inline with the mainstream and, thus, more natural.
Thanks for the great product, anyway.
pilominco

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion