Freeplane NEW FEATURES LIST +++ PLEASE

Re: Freeplane NEW FEATURES LIST +++ PLEASE

Postby boercher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 pm

capoeira-es wrote:what about several roots?

Maybe something like floating nodes?

Volker
boercher

Postby kenfhill84034 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:20 pm

philouz wrote:(8) Slide Mode , to move within the entire map with zoom level option... like a power point file in automatic slide mode, or less difficult to program, from Node A (click) to node B (click) (on a small corner miniature map) with a full screen zoom for 1st class presentation...

If I understand it correctly, I would love this one. Like VUE (only easier)? I would like to use FP more for presentations but as it is (1) I don't want to have an open laptop on a podium while I fiddle with keystrokes and mouse clicks during my presentation. (2) I cannot hand over the presentation remote control to my young assistant. He can handle forward/back with a remote but he could not effectively navigate through mind map nodes -- I'm afraid my audience would get dizzy.

I'd love to ditch powerpoint and pdf and just use one app for both content and presentation.

It would be cool, but low priority, to be able to display normally hidden content stored in node details, too, such as images.
kenfhill84034

Postby kunkel321 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Yes please, re Android…
Hopefully something to allow reading maps on my Kindle Fire HD…
kunkel321

Postby capoeira-es » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:53 pm

boercher wrote:
capoeira-es wrote:what about several roots?

Maybe something like floating nodes?

Volker

thanks....i guess this will do the trick
capoeira-es

Postby kenfhill84034 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:47 pm

kunkel321 wrote:Yes please, re Android…

I too would like this very much.

In the meantime, DroidPlane is an android app that reads MM files. It does not display them visually (no bubbles, etc) but has the content as per the map's structure. Can't edit the map. I like it. It strikes me as a cross between treesheets and a text-only freeplane. Store the map on dropbox and you are good to go. (hopefully this won't get the thread too far off topic. Followup might be more appropriate on viewtopic.php?f=1&t=569&p=3696&hilit=droidplane#p3696)
kenfhill84034

Postby dpolivaev » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:02 pm

I am pretty satisfied with SimpleMind for Android. Dimitry
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby danielk159 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:33 pm

I strongly support the implementation of
- More types of nodes (squared, circular, hexagonal...)
- More types of lines (dotted, stripped...)
I would also include the ability of changing the line width (thickness) of the nodes themselves.

Another feature that I would appreciate very much would be the possibility of other map layouts, such as organogram, right-to-left, vertical, table etc.
danielk159

Postby pilominco » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:24 pm

For me the best new thing would be the insertion of formated autotext. it is important when you use freeplane fo serious writting. You need it as a form of metadata for human consumption. and it would be easy to implement. Thanks Dimitry.
pilominco

Postby endlessloop » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Freeplane is a very, very, good piece of cake. But I think it will be much more convenient if it should be able to produce not only trees (with a single node as root) but also graphs with no single root but just a network like «concept map» which are, to me, just a new sort of mind map but sometimes more useful for certain types of representations.
Another thing : importing csv files (arrays of datas text) would be a very useful feature.

Thank you for this really good software.
endlessloop

Postby dpolivaev » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:11 am

Update
If you miss an important feature request add small post to this thread or start a separate thread

Feature / Efforts / Importance / Release

- Background images / Low / Middle / 1.4.x
- UI improvements / Middle / High / 1.4.x
- Clone nodes: The same subtree will have a lot of parents and appear at different places / High / High / 1.4.x

- More kinds of lines (dotted, stripped...) / Low / Middle
- More kinds of nodes (squared, circular...) / Low / Middle
- Exporting single nodes or selected branches / Low / Middle
- Edit multiple nodes(notes, details) simultaneously in many text editor instances / Middle / Middle
- Opening maps with automatically applied last used filters and last visited node selected /Low / Middle
- Slide mode / Middle / High
- Horizontal and other map layouts / High / High
- Android or IOS application / Very high / Middle: there are a lots of such apps available
- Collaboration mode / High / Middle as it is relevant for a small minority of users

- Concept map / Not relevant for Freeplane but you can have it right now using floating nodes and connectors
dpolivaev
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion