freeplane collaborative tools add-on

freeplane collaborative tools add-on

Postby dpolivaev » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:48 pm

dpolivaev
Site Admin

Re: freeplane collaborative tools add-on

Postby seb4stien » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Since release 0.9 cvs, svn and git are supported and tested in most common use cases under windows 7.

Feedbacks are welcome :)
Especially bug reports in this environment or other (linux, mac, windows xp...).

Sébastien
seb4stien

Postby i2000s » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:26 am

Great job!

I am using Docear RC1. The Docear team seems also developing a collaborative interface using their webserver. I would prefer your idea of versioning control. Unfortunately, the newest Docear version doesn't provide any button for add-ons, and I cannot go back to the previous version since the latest version using a different framework from previous versions. Am I wrong on Docear?
i2000s

Postby frogstory » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:22 pm

I'm using the tool for version control only (not collaboration), and I like it. I would prefer that once a file has been committed, I not have to click on a popup that says the commit succeeded; I'd rather only get a popup if for some reason the commit failed. Also, since I'm just using the tool for local versioning, I don't like being asked each time if I want to push to remote.
I realize my usage may be different from most, and so maybe my suggestions are too limiting.

Anyway, good work, and thanks for providing this tool!

Steve
frogstory

Postby seb4stien » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:58 am

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
I think that I will add a "quiet" option to disable popup messages when everything is ok.
For git this could be an option too, I'll take a look at it.

Sébastien
seb4stien

Postby seb4stien » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:37 am

For the previous question regarding Docear.
I can't help since I don't use the tool and don't know much about their roadmap.
However I tried to download and install the RC and experienced the same problem. I also tried to open the .addon.mm file : docear asks about installing it but nothing happens after.
seb4stien

Postby seb4stien » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:50 am

I uploaded a development version of the add-on with a "quiet mode" : there is no popup if commit succeed, there is only a status update in the status bar.

You can try it here : https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplanecollab/files/experimental/

For local development under git, I will add a check after commit to see if there is a remote repository. If no remote is found, no popup will be shown to ask for "push".

Sébastien
ps : I really like freeplane's development API :)
seb4stien

Postby seb4stien » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:22 pm

After some tests I released version 0.9.3 providing :
- quiet mode : no popup if an action is successfull (status showed in the status bar)
- local git support : don't propose to push to a remote repository if there is no

It can be downloaded at :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freepl ... es/stable/

Feedbacks are welcome.

Sébastien
seb4stien

Postby frogstory » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks for the update.I installed it. I do not get prompted to "push", which is good. I do get the message in the status bar when I commit, and that's good. But I still get a popup saying the file was saved to the versioning system.

Steve
frogstory

Postby seb4stien » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi,

I don't see which popup shows in your case.
Could you describe the use case ?
Is it on adding a new map to the versionning system, or when editing an existing map ? (the more details, the better ;))

Sébastien
seb4stien

Next

Return to Open Discussion