Language support for docear users

Language support for docear users

Postby jokro » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:16 pm

I have been thinking how FP could be made more user friendly for the potential new user group which is ready to be opened up through the cooperation with docear. One point which keeps crossing my mind is the spell checker. Spell check is very important for this target group indeed. This is not the problem however. The problem is that (especially)non-english researchers will use different languages in different maps. In the current situation language choice is connected to the Freeplane installation, not to the map. As a result one has to shift language choice by hand each time a different map is chosen. This is boring indeed. Therefore I propose to connect language choice to the map (1). Another point is that setting language choice and spell check on/off is hidden away in a conext menu. I would propose to make it available through menu Help or menu Tools too (2). Thirdly it is not self evident to install a spell check module for a particular language. I would therefore propose to add a menu item to Help to make this more easy (3).

What do you think ?

Regards
Jokro
jokro

Return to Open Discussion