New feature: fold protection ?

New feature: fold protection ?

Postby jokro » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:29 pm

In the PP documentation I use a particular cloud, see attached PDF. If the user accidentally folds the necessary invisible node, the cloud displays an empty content. :x This is very disturbing. In the PDF I propose to add a property protect a node from folding to solve this problem. :D What do you think ?
regards
jokro
Attachments
Fold_unfold_switch.pdf
(343.18 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
jokro

Re: New feature: fold protection ?

Postby dpolivaev » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:18 pm

I generally do not like work-arounds.
I think we rather should expand Cloud of Summary Nodes to their summarized siblings.
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby jokro » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:05 pm

I agree, but did not get a reponse when I proposed this in https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/forums/forum/758437/topic/4547670.

regards
jokro
jokro

Postby dpolivaev » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:43 pm

I am sorry I can not keep track on all of the even very useful ideas :( . Do not hesitate to repeat them. Dimitry
dpolivaev
Site Admin

Postby jokro » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:57 am

No problem, I find that you are very active and constructive. So I did not mean a personal criticism. It is more that I find more people could be interested more. I hope this will come with the definite release of FP 1.2. Can I ask your attention (again) in this respect for the problem that filtering is essential for using the FP documentation (chapters), and this may be make new users reluctant to go into it ? :(

Would it be an idea to add a sublevel to Help >documentation > Chapter x which does most of the filter settings for the user, so he does not (yet) have to know them to see the chapters ?

Regards,
Jokro
jokro

Return to Open Discussion