Multiple People Edit the Same MindMap

Multiple People Edit the Same MindMap

Postby asjones123 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:15 am

I have been an on an off Freemind user, but recently had a strong renewed interest. When going though the Freemind forums I found out about Freeplane and got excited. It looks like much of what I have been looking for had already landed in Freeplane. I did have a few questions.

One upcoming feature that looks very promising for me in Freemind 1.0 is Collaboration so that two or more people can work on the same map at the same time and it even prompts one to refresh from disk etc. Is that something already in Freeplane 1.1x or we will see in the 1.2.x-1.3.x series?

then the related question is any guess on when we will see a new stable release? I saw that there had not been a stable Freeplane since 6-December. I know that there has been a bunch of work in the background on the 1.2.x-1.3.x but curios if there is a timeline.

Related to that is the 1.2.x the development cycle and 1.3 going to be the release/stable group?

thanks for all the hard work on Freeplane.

Alan
asjones123

Re: Multiple People Edit the Same MindMap

Postby spinifex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:24 am

Hi,

Im not on the dev team, but I can say that there is:

* no collaboration feature in any preview versions, and I havent seen it talked about as though it is something that will appear soon.
But collaboration would be a great feature and has been raised by several people in recent times.

* there is talk of making the 1.2.x the stable release sometime late this year when FP's integration with Docear (the old SciPlore) occurs (Docear will be a FP plug-in). There are some exciting ideas involved in that, including the "workspace" which will be available even if you dont use the Docear plug-in.

* Pace of development: FM=glacier; FP=raging torrent :)

enjoy the ride

geoff
spinifex

Re: Multiple People Edit the Same MindMap

Postby asjones123 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:49 pm

The other reason i asked about time frame for next release is in my reading about Freeplane i saw mentions of more frequent release cycle and even one reference to a release every 6 months.

thanks for the info

Alan
asjones123

Return to Open Discussion